Canada agri-food pilot is a program introduced to bring international workforce needed for specific occupations in the Agri-food sector in Canada. The program offers permanent residence to experienced laborers outside Canada. Non-seasonal workers can also apply for permanent residence. The workers may be required to grow crops, work on animal farms, look after livestock etc. The workers may also be required to process and package the products to be used.

To be eligible for the agri-food program you need to have a work permit which you might be asked to show while applying for permanent residence. Other than this you might also be asked to show a job-offer letter that has hired you for a certain, specific occupation.

The application processing time is usually 6 to 12 months or more.

The Agri-Food Pilot helps address the labor needs of the Canadian agri-food sector.

The pilot provides a pathway to permanent residence for experienced, non-seasonal workers in specific industries and occupations. It will run until May 2023.

Source: Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada

To apply to the Agri-Food Pilot, you need to

  • show eligible work experience in an eligible industry and eligible occupation, and
  • have a job offer for full-time, non-seasonal work in an eligible industry and occupation in Canada (outside of Quebec)

To be eligible, you must

  • have eligible work experience
  • have an eligible job offer
  • meet or pass the language requirements
  • meet or pass the educational requirements
  • prove you have enough money to settle in Canada (if applicable)
  • have maintained your temporary resident status (if already in Canada)
Source: Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada

Application Processing time: 6-12 months

You can check application processing time here

  1. Complete the application package

If you want to apply for permanent residence, make sure both your job offer and work experience meet the requirements. If you don’t meet both requirements, your application for permanent residence will be refused.

Avoid processing delays by sending a complete application.

2. Get your fingerprints and photo taken

If you’re between 14 and 79 years old, you need to give your fingerprints and photo (biometrics) for every application for permanent residence you submit. Even if you gave your biometrics in the past and they’re still valid.

3. Pay your fees online

How to pay your fees

4. Submit your application

Send your complete application by mail to the address in the instruction guide.

Source: Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada

Get your checklist and forms

• All the forms signed
• Copy Page of your passport for you and your family
• Submit a language proficiency test showing a minimum level of 4 on the CLB
• Proof of education by submitting a copy of your diploma and transcripts
• Proof of collective agreement (if applicable)
• Proof of previous relevant work experience (letter of employment, paystub…)
• Proof of sufficient funds for you and your family (bank statement…)
• Proof of valid temporary resident status (if applying from Canada)
• Copy of birth certificate
• Copy of legal document showing change in name or date of birth (if applicable)
• Copy of marriage certificate (if applicable)
• Copy of death certificate of spouse (if applicable)
• Copy of National ID (if applicable)
• Proof of cohabitation if common-law partner
• Police Certificate from every place you have lived for over 6 months since the age of 18
• Two photos of each member of the family
• Copy of Receipt showing the fees have been paid

Source: Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada

Payment instructions and details:

Your application: $1,325: Processing fee ($825) and right of permanent residence fee ($500)

Include your spouse or partner: $1,325: Processing fee ($825) and right of permanent residence fee ($500)

Include a dependent child: $225(per child)

Source: Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada

If you are approved your application, you will be mailed a:

  • Confirmation of Permanent Residence (COPR)
  • Permanent resident visa (if you’re from a country that requires a visa)
Source: Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada