subclass 500- Student visa

To take part in a study programme, travel to Australia.


As long as you need, up to 5 years, and according to your enrollment.


Unless exempt, prices start at AUD630.

Time to process

The time of the process varies.


  • Your age must be at least six years; 
  • You must be enrolled in a full-time course at a recognised educational institution; and 
  • You must be able to stay for the duration of your course.

Visa for Student Guardian


This is a short-term visa. Your visa duration will be determined by the length of your stay and your age as a student visa holder.

Prices start at AUD630.

  • 75% of applications take five months to process; 90% of applications take six months to process
  • In unusual circumstances, this visa permits a person to give care and support to a student visa holder who is under the age of 18
  • Allows a person to offer care and support for a student visa holder who is 18 or older

Training visa (subclass 407)

This visa permits you to participate in workplace-based occupational training activities in Australia to improve your job, tertiary education, field of expertise, or professional development training program abilities.


This is a short-term visa. We may issue you a visa that allows you to stay in Australia for up to two years.

The main applicant’s fee starts at AUD315 and goes up from there.

Time to Process

Four months for 75% of applications

Ninety per cent of applications took eleven months to process.

Workplace training can help you develop your career, tertiary education, or field of expertise.

You can enrol in a professional development training program that takes place in a classroom setting.

It is not for persons who desire to work primarily.

Check out all of the circumstances.

Make sure you qualify.

You must: 

  • be enrolled in an eligible substantive visa program in Australia; 
  • have Overseas Student Health Cover (OSHC) or fall into one of the exemption categories;
  • prove you have a welfare arrangement if you are under 18; and 
  • In the Eligibility Tab, check the box that says “Have this Visa if applying while in Australia.”


  • Applications are received Australian Eastern Standard Time (AEST) (or Australian Eastern daylight standard time (AEDST) when applicable) 
  • If another substantive visa is granted, the first substantive visa expires.

Recent Posts

How To Move To Canada
How To Immigrate To Canada

The Canadian Government has announced to welcome a... >>

How To Move To Australia: An Ultimate Relocation Guide
How To Move To Australia?

Do you want to move to Australia? Are... >>

Has Your Visa Expired or About to Expire in Australia?

Stay a Little LongerCheck out what you will... >>

Check Your Working Visa Options in Australia!

If you wish to work in Australia for... >>

Discover Your Visa Options for Visiting Australia!

A Tourist Stream (applying outside Australia)This visa category allows... >>