Table of Contents
A visit visa or Temporary Resident Visa To Canada (TRV) is an official document issued by the Canadian Embassy which you need to travel to Canada when visiting family or for tourism purposes.
This is placed in your passport as proof that you have fulfilled all the rudiments and are now permissible to visit Canada. You can fall in either of the categories, i.e. tourist, student or worker. You are allowed to travel with your family as well.
Getting a temporary resident visa to Canada for students and workers might seem like a challenging process, but if you start working on it from now, we can help you speed up the process. Just completing a couple of steps will get you a temporary resident visa.
You might however also require a visa in case you have a transit flight or a transiting through a Canadian airport before arriving at your destination.
Applications are open both online and on paper.
Who Is It For
Temporary Resident Visas are applicable if you fall into any of the following categories:
- visit Canada on holiday (vacation)
- visit family
- Conduct business, etc
- Visitors are restricted in length of stay and subject to various conditions
How to Qualify
A couple of basic requirements will get you help you qualify:
- have a valid travel document (passport)
- be in good health
- have no criminal or immigration-related convictions
- prove that you have ties such as a job, home, financial assets or family that prove you will be returning to your home country
- prove that you will leave Canada at the end of your visit
have enough money for your stay which depends where and how long you stay
Processing times for a visitor visa or temporary resident visa to Canada depend on where you are making the application from, and how.
If you apply temporary resident visa from within Canada, online applications are processed within 12 days and paper-based applications within 27 days. However, applications made from outside of Canada will vary depending on the applicant’s country of residence.
- Proof of your ties to your home country
- Proof of funds for your visit to Canada
- ID such as a passport or county resident card
- A letter of invitation from the person inviting you to come to Canada
- Proof that you will be staying in Canada only on a temporary basis
It can cost you $100 CAD to apply for a temporary resident visa and $85 is required for your biometric verification.
If you meet the criteria for the travel exemptions, and you want to apply to come to Canada, there are changes to the application process. Learn more.
You can travel to Canada only if you are exempt from the travel restrictions and are coming for an essential purpose. Check all the new guidelines according to the current situation and keep yourself updated.