Table of Contents
The Electronic Travel Authorization To Canada (eTA) is a mandatory travel authorization that any foreigner needs to fly to Canada or through Canada without a Visa.
The Electronic Travel Authorization links to your passport. Once you have the eTA, you don’t need to get the authorization done every time you travel to Canada without a Visa.
The validity of eTA TO Canada is for up to 5 years; however, foreigners who have the eTA can only stay for a short time span in Canada i.e 6 months.
If you passport expires or the date of validity of the eTA is over, you need to get your eTA again. The process is simple and speedy. You just need to apply through an online application and submit some documents.
Although an eTA does not guarantee a sure shot entry in Canada, you can talk to the board service officer who will rectify your case and then only you will be able to proceed.
Who Is It For
- Travellers who need an eTA:
- Visa-exempt foreign nationals need an eTA only if they transit or fly via a Canadian airport. But they don’t need one when arriving by car, bus, train or boat (including a cruise ship).
- Lawful permanent residents of the USA need an eTA to fly to or transit through a Canadian airport. They must present a valid Green Card and a valid passport at check-in.
- Travellers who may be eligible to apply for an eTA:
How to Qualify
To apply for Electronic Travel Authorization To Canada, you must have:
- Be in good health
- Have no criminal or immigration-related convictions.
- Convince an border services officer (BSO) that you have ties that will take you back to your home country such as a family, work or a home.
- A valid passport,
- A valid credit or debit card
- An email address
- Even if you don’t know the exact date, the processing for your eTA should be done before.
- You can apply for your eTA Canada online on any devises.
- You can fill in this application form for yourself, but also for another traveller or for an entire travel group at once.
- Make sure you have the passport of every traveller for whom you want to apply for an eTA at hand. The form contains clear explanations at each entry field and can be completed in approximately ten minutes.
- After completing the application form, you can pay the costs of the eTA.
- This can be done safely and easily with Visa, Mastercard, American Express or PayPal. The average delivery time of the eTA Canada is three days.
- If you wish to travel to Canada at short notice, it is wise to submit an urgent application.
Documents needed for Electronic Travel Authorization To Canada
- A valid ordinary passport
- A credit or debit card
- An email address
If you enter the wrong passport number on the eTA form, you will have problems flying to Canada.
Use the eTA help guide (PDF, 1.62 MB) and follow the instructions to enter your passport number correctly.
Use the number that is at the top of your passport information page – the page with your photo.