Table of Contents
The Canadian Business Visa is for people who want to visit Canada for business reasons for a duration less than 6 months.
The application process is simple, and the business visitors may need to show proof of their activities to the border service officers before they can gain entry into Canada.
You will require an eTA if you plan to arrive by air. You are allowed to bring family members; however, each family member needs to complete a separate application form with their personal information. Check all the latest information about the Canada business visa application requirements, procedure & fees.
Who Is It For
Foreigners who wish to visit Canada for work-related reasons or to conduct business. Business visitors are able to stay for up to 6 months.
How to Qualify
TO apply for Canada Business Visa, you must show that:
- You plan to stay for less than six months;
- You will not plan to enter the Canadian labor market;
- Your main place of business, and source of income and profits, is outside of Canada;
- You have documents that support your application;
- You meet Canada’s basic entry requirements with a valid travel document, such as a passport:
- You have enough money for your stay and to return home;
- You commit to leaving Canada at the end of your visit; and
- You are not a threat to Canadians related to crime, security or health risk.
It can take 1 to 6 weeks for the Canadian Business Visa to be processed.
- The first step is to confirm your eligibility for a Canada Business visa.
- Next, compile the document file and application forms for a Canada Business visa. You can find all the documents needed in the required documents section.
- Submit your Canada Business visa application online, it is a much faster process.
- Wait for the processing and response you might get from the visa office. The visa office will notify you if they need additional information.
- Once the visa office has approved your visa application form, you can send your passport for stamping.
As a business visitor, you need the following documents to get Canada Business Visa :
- A valid passport or travel documents for your entire stay
- A visitor visa (valid) , if applicable
- In case you need an eTA, you must travel using the same passport you used in your application
- letters of support from your parent company and a letter of invitation from the Canadian host business or a Letter of Recognition from the Canada Border Services Agency
- You might also need other documents such as warranty or service agreements, or contracts, anything relevant to your visit
- A document of 24-hour contact details of your business host in Canada
- Show proof that you have enough money for both your stay in Canada and your return home
Spouse/common-law/conjugal partner: Add $825
Dependent child over 22 with a physical or mental condition: Add $225 per dependent.
Activities you may conduct as a business visitor include:
- Utilizing Canadian goods and services for a foreign business or government
- You can take orders for goods or services
- Attend meetings, conferences, conventions or trade fairs
- You can train employees of a Canadian branch of a foreign company
- You can also get trained by a Canadian company that has sold you equipment or services