Table of Contents
Canada recognizes the importance of your parents and grandparents, which is why the family sponsorship programme allows you to sponsor your relatives for permanent residency in the country.
However, both the sponsor and the sponsored must go through a series of steps. You must fill out the whole application form.
You must be financially secure in order to be able to completely support your parents or grandparents. You must also ensure that they will not need government support in the future.
The police certificate, medical exams, and biometrics are all necessary documents. You may support your mother and father together or separately. Since your in-laws are not blood relatives, you would not be allowed to support them.
Since the process can take anywhere from 12 to 24 months, it’s always a good idea to gather all of your documentation ahead of time and send them well before the deadline.
Who is it for?
You can sponsor your own parents and grandparents, related by blood or adoption.
- Submit the interest to sponsor form
- Get an invitation to apply
- Get the application package
- Pay your application fees
- Submit your application
- Send us additional information during processing
The Document Needed
The application package includes the:
- document checklist for you and the people you want to sponsor
- forms you and the people you want to sponsor need to fill out
- instruction guide to help you and your family members fill out the forms correctly
Sponsor a parent or grandparent: from $1,050