The Quebec immigrant self-employed program is for people who want to remain self-employed and live permanently in Quebec by practicing their trade.
You must have a minimum of C$100,000 to be qualified for this programme. You must also have a minimum of two years of work experience in the trade or occupation in which you choose to remain self-employed.
Your application for this programme is evaluated based on your age, educational credentials, job experience, and other factors.
Aside from that, you must have medical and security clearance certificates for both yourself and your family.
If you intend to start your work with two to four other individuals, you may also remain self-employed.
Who is it for?
This program is for people who want to practice business or self-employed activities in Quebec.
How to qualify?
To be eligible for this program, you must:
- Settle in Quebec to practice a business activities or profession, with or without financial help, alone or with others people.
- Make a deposit in a financial institution in the region where you intend to settle:
- C$25,000 outside the Montréal Metropolitan Community (MMC) area
- C$50,000 in the MMC area
- Have minimum net worth of C$100,000. This can be achieved with your spouse. You must prove the legality of those funds.
- you must have at least 2 years of experience as a self-employed worker in the profession or trade you intend to practice
- All family members must complete the learning about democratic and Québec values
Applicants must first get selection from the Quebec government, receive a CSQ before applying to IRCC for permanent residence. The process for CSQ can take 2-3 years. The IRCC process the application in 49 months.
- Submit you application to Immigration Quebec
- Your application is assessed by Immigration Quebec
- Immigration Quebec approves your application and provides you with a Certificate of Selection (CSQ)
- Send your application to IRCC for permanent residence
- Receive your permanent residence.
The documents needed
- Application for permanent selection – Self-Employed Worker Program A-0520-TA (PDF, 829 kB)
Application for permanent selection – Appendix – Self-Employed Worker Program A-0523-AO (PDF, 544 kB)
- Guide to writing the narrative document A-8100-AO (PDF, 267 kB)
Quebec Applications Fees:
|Spouse or de facto spouse||$176|
|Each dependent child||$176|
Federal Applications Fees:
Processing fee ($1575) and right of permanent residence fee ($500)
|Your application (without right of permanent residence fee)||1,575|
Include your spouse or partner
Processing fee ($825) and right of permanent residence fee ($500)
|Include your spouse or partner (without right of permanent residence fee)||825|
|Include a dependent child||225(per child)|
If you or your family need to give biometrics, pay your biometrics fees at the same time you pay your other fees. Make sure you pay using the same payment method.
|Biometrics – per person||85|
Biometrics – per family (2 or more people)
Maximum fee for a family of 2 or more people applying at the same time and place