The eVisitor visa is a free visa, which allows people to visit Australia for business visitor purposes and stay in Australia for up to 3 months at a time within the 12 month time frame.
An eVisitor visa is issued electronically, which can be retrieved by airlines, travel agents as well as by the Australian border agencies. You cannot be inside Australia while applying for this visa type.
Who is it for
With eVisitor visa, applicants may stay up to 3 months at a time within the 12 month time frame. People with eVisitor visa can travel to Australia for tourism purposes, study, conduct business activities, and visit family & friends.
This visa lasts for 12 months, and applicants can visit as frequently as they like, just as long as each trip does not exceed three months. A separate application must be made for each person.
How to qualify
You may be eligible for an eVisitor if you:
- Wish to visit Australia as a tourist or for business purposes
- are outside Australia
- are from the eligible countries
- are free of tuberculosis and spreadable diseases when you enter Australia
- do not have any criminal record
Step one: make sure you have everything necessary
If you are eligible for eVisitor visa, you need to make sure that you meet all the other criteria as well. Though, they refer to documents and information you need for a successful file process. This visa application does not require you to provide a massive set of documents. You just need the following things while you apply:
- Valid passport – you cannot apply for an Australia eVisitor visa if you don’t have a valid passport. Your passport should be valid for at least 6 months from the date of arrival in Australia.
- E-mail address – since the main commutation might be through emails, you must provide an email address that you use on regular basis. .
Step two: Apply for the visa
Provide accurate information and apply online
Step two: After you apply
Department of Home Affairs will let you know when they have received your application. If you don’t receive an email from DHA within 12 hours of applying, check your application status in ImmiAccount.
Step three: After you apply
DHA will let you know your decision on your visa application in writing. You will be notified the following things:
- your visa grant number
- the date your visa starts
- your visa conditions
The document needed
- Your current passport.
- A copy of your ID Card (front and back).
- Proof of the reason you are visiting Australia.
- A travel itinerary.
- Proof of accommodation in Australia, such as a hotel booking or letter from a friend/relative who will host you.
- Your flight reservation.
- Proof that your trip is indeed temporary. This can be a letter from your employer or school, stating the date on which you are expected to return. It can also be proof that you have family obligations and dependent family members back home.
- Your bank statements from the last three months.
- A list of your travel companions.
This is a temporary visa which will allow you to stay for up to 3 months at a time. DHA will grant it for 12 months. You can enter Australia any time your eVisitor is valid.
The eVisitor is granted with multiple entry facilities. You can travel in or out of Australia as many times as you want.
The eVisitor starts on the date the visa is approved.
You can’t stay in Australia longer by extending this visa. You must apply for another visa.
If you want to have a further short stay or stay longer for a holiday you might be eligible for a Visitor visa (subclass 600) Tourist stream (apply in Australia).
If you wish to stay longer for specific reasons, you should be able to lodge a new visa that suits your circumstances.