Temporary Activity Visa will let you arrive in Australia on a temporary basis to participate in various short stay activities.
You can come to Australia for the following activities or events:
Entertainment: People who are involved with the entertainment industry like TV, film, live shows in either a performance or behind-the-scenes role and other production positions. Applicants may stay up to two years.
Invited participant in an event: People who are invited by an Australian employer or company to participate a cultural event, then they may apply this visa.
Research: People who are academics with prestigious achievement in their selected knowledge area are invited to collaborate in a research project; or Students or research graduates who wish to undertake a research activity related to their field of education and training. The visa might be for up to 2 years.
Religious worker: Some religious workers can also apply under this visa if they have to perform any religious activity in Australia. The maximum stay period for this stream is up to 2 years.
Special program: people who want to participate in a special program that provides opportunities for cultural exchange, enrichment or community welfares, non-profit organization or government agency. This visa may permit an applicant to stay up to 12 months.
Sports: For people to be able to demonstrate their expertise in sports or if they want to run some training sessions may be eligible for this visa. The maximum stay period for this stream is up to 2 years.
Staff exchange: People who want to work in a skilled position under a reciprocal staff exchange arrangement to:
- Give applicants an opportunity to experience another culture;
- Improve international relations;
- Increase participants’ experience and knowledge.
The maximum stay period for this stream is up to 2 years.
There are other options available for Superyacht crew, Domestic worker and Australian Government endorsed events
Who is it for
This visa allows you to come to Australia to do specific types of work on a short-term, temporary basis.
How to qualify
General eligibility factors for the applicant
- Applicants must meet age requirements (if applicable)
- Have the skills to undertake the activity perfectly
- Be supported or sponsored by Australian organization or agency
- Genuinely intend to stay in Australia temporarily
- Must meet Vocational English Requirement (if applicable)
- Have satisfactory financial support
- Have satisfactory arrangement for health coverage
- Must meet health and character requirements
- Meet additional requirements of chosen activity stream
- Not have had a visa cancelled or a previous application refused
Eligibility for Sponsors
The sponsor applicant must be one of the following types of individuals or organizations:
- Australian organization
- Government agency
- Foreign government agency
- Religious institution
- Sporting organization
- Superyacht organization
Step 1 – Confirm your eligibility
You must know all facts about the visa and its conditions. You must also know your Australian sponsor and eligibility of your sponsor.
Step 2 – Arrange your documents
Prepare scanned copies of all your documents. All documents must have good scan quality which is appx 300dbi.
Step 3 – Apply for the visa
You must apply for this visa online. You can be in or outside Australia when you apply.
- Create an account or log in to ImmiAccount.
- Attach documents.
- Submit family applications together.
- Pay the application fee.
- Note the transaction reference number (TRN).
Step 4 – After you apply
You will be notified through your ImmiAccount regarding your next steps like medical test and biometric. You may be asked to provide more supporting documents in your ImmiAccount portal.
The document needed
- Online application form for a Temporary Activity (subclass 408) visa.
- Form 47A – Details of child or other dependent family member aged 18 years or over.
- Visa Application Charge.
- A clear photocopy of your passport biodata page (the page with your photo), along with all stamped pages in your passport. Your passport should be valid for the total period of your stay in Australia, or for a minimum of 6 months
- One recent passport sized photograph (45mmx35mm), no more than six months old, of you this should be of the head and shoulders only against a plain background. Print your name on the back of your photograph.
- Copy of your National Identification Card
- Evidence of family (copy of House Registration Certificate, family book or similar), employment and other ties to your country of usual residence
- Evidence that you have adequate fund or access to adequate funds to support yourself, (and any family members travelling with you) during the period of intended stay, for example, a current bankbook, bank statement or a letter of financial support from your employer.
- Letter of invitation from the inviting organization in Australia that includes the event name, the dates of the event, your role or duties, and the role of the inviting organization in the event. If you are applying as an amateur sports participant or assisting an amateur participant or team: your invitation to the event including this information.
- 75% of applications: 12 months
- 90% of applications: 18 months