This provisional visa is for applicants who have been nominated by Austrade and who invest at least AUD15 million in Australian investments and/or philanthropic contributions.
Advantages of 188D visa
- No residence requirement
- Fast-track 12 months pathway to permanent residency
Who is it for
Premium Investor Subclass 188D Visa is for people who want to carry out business and investment activities in Australia and stay more than 4 years to become eligible for a permanent Business Innovation and Investment (Permanent) visa (subclass 888) Premium Investor stream if certain requirements are met
How to qualify
- be successfully nominated by Austrade;
- be invited to lodge visa application;
- invest at least AUD15 million in Australian investments and/or philanthropic contributions that meet all the requirements set by Australian immigration; and
- have a sincere intention to hold the investment for the whole period of the visa (except any part of the investment that is a philanthropic contribution.
Be nominated by Austrade
You must be nominated by Austrade and be invited to apply. Unsolicited expressions of interest are not accepted.
Gather your documents
You will be required to submit all documents to prove your identity, business career, assets and your family documents who are accompanying with you. Australian 188D visa requires a complex set of documents. So, you must submit appropriate documents to make to process go faster and smoother.
Apply for the visa
If you get invitation to apply for the Premium Investor visa (subclass 188D), you will apply for the visa online in ImmiAccount. All details of how you will apply through ImmiAccount will be provided in your letter of Invitation.
After you apply
We will need to do your medical and submit police clearance and wait until you receive further communication from visa officer.
You will receive email about your visa application finalization. You can check it on your ImmiAccount as well. In your visa grant letter, you will find below things:
- your visa grant number
- the date your visa starts
- your visa conditions
The document needed
- Color copies of the pages of your current passport showing photo, personal details, and passport issue and expiry dates.
- national identity card,
- proof of change of name, if applicable
- a marriage or divorce certificate
- Provide a Statement of Assets and Liabilities Position (SALP) by filling out Form 1139A Statement of Assets and Liabilities Position (146KB PDF).
- Evidence of ownership and value of assets
- Provide a signed declaration on your proposed method of fund transfer to make the complying premium investment.
- Provide an overview of your complying premium investment intentions.
- This must include an outline of your intended investments in Australia.
- English language documents
- Character documents
- Partner documents
- Documents of Dependants under 18 documents and Dependants over 18 documents
You would be required to provide many other documents to satisfy the visa officer. In your ImmiAccount you will find what to upload. There are a number of government application forms which must be filled up and signed before uploading.
AUD 9,455 for primary applicant
AUD 4,725 for additional applicant over 18 years
AUD 2,365 for additional applicant under 18 years
If applicant does not have basic English skill, they are required to pay an additional fee when visa officer asks to pay:
AUD 9,795 for primary applicant
AUD 4,890 for secondary applicant over 18
You can either be in Australia or overseas at the time of lodging your application. If you are in Australia during application, you must hold a substantive visa or a Bridging A, B or C visa.